GREAT PALM HOUSE

the newly restored house in May 2004, before replanting began Built in 1884 when the previous glasshouse was damaged in a storm, the ironwork was fabricated in Glasgow, Scotland and transported to Glasnevin. A faithful restoration by the Office of Public Works was begun in 2002. The restored house was opened by an Taoiseach in 2004.

inside view of the house inside view of the house inside view of the house at night in May 2004