Bandstand

Bandstand in the far grounds Built in 1894, the bandstand is in fact no more than a shelter which would never have accommodated a band.

Until the 1860s the conservatories were kept locked to the public, and by 1877 there were no more than three dozen seats in the entire garden. This building thus supplied much needed shelter and seating when it was built.